How payouts work for managed payments sellers
Getting paid for items sold on eBay is simple. Your buyers can choose from many payment methods, and you'll receive your payouts directly in your bank account. You can track all of your payouts in the Payments tab in Seller Hub or the Payments section in My eBay.
The information on this page applies only to customers who live in the European Union. Customers who live outside the European Union should read our article on how payouts work.
If you're new to selling on eBay, learn how to update your bank account details.
How you get paid
As an eBay seller, you'll receive your payouts in your linked bank account.
Once the buyer's order is confirmed, you can post the item. The selling fees and other costs are automatically deducted, and your sales proceeds will show as Processing funds.
It typically takes 1 business day from confirming the buyer’s payment for the sales proceeds to appear as Available for payout, unless the transaction was placed on hold, in which case it may take longer.
It typically takes 2 business days from confirming the buyer’s payment to initiate your payout if your payouts are scheduled daily. If your payouts are scheduled weekly, we initiate payouts on Tuesday for the sales you've made from Monday to Sunday the previous week. Your payouts will appear as Funds sent and it typically takes another 1-2 business days for the funds to clear in your bank account and become available to you.
- This timeline is similar to the time it can take a credit card company to process your monthly payment, and depends on the processes of your financial institution
- After the payout is initiated, the funds are no longer with eBay. eBay does not earn interest on any seller funds
You can see the status of your funds in Seller Hub. For more information on transaction statuses, you can read our article on the Payments tab in Seller Hub.
How bank holidays affect your payouts
Some bank holidays may delay your payouts. If your payout is scheduled daily, a bank holiday may delay your payout by up to 2 business days. For example, if the buyer's order is confirmed on Friday, and the holiday is on Monday, the payout will be initiated on Wednesday (2 business days later).
If your payout is scheduled weekly, a bank holiday may delay your payout by up to 8 business days. For example, if the buyer's order is confirmed on Friday, and the holiday is on Monday, the payout will be initiated on the Tuesday of the following week (8 days later).
You must add a specified bank account to receive your funds. You can't use a PayPal account as a payout method.
How to change your payout schedule
By default, payouts are initiated daily, but you can also change to weekly payouts.
- Daily payouts are initiated from Monday to Friday and include any funds that have become Available for payout during the previous 24 hours
- Weekly payouts are initiated on Tuesdays and include any funds that have become Available for payout from Monday to Sunday of the previous week
Here's how to change your payout schedule in Seller Hub:
- Go to the Payments tab in Seller Hub.
- Select Payout Settings.
- Change the frequency of your payouts from Daily to Weekly as needed.
You can also change your payout schedule in Payments in My eBay.
If the buyer pays in a currency that's different to your payout currency, the payment will be converted to your payout currency. The currency exchange rate will be captured at the time of sale and can be viewed in the order details. This exchange rate will apply in the event of a refund.
Tracking your payouts
Tracking your payouts is simple. We’ll send you an email to let you know that we’ve initiated a payout. Additionally, each payout has its own unique Payout ID, making it easy for you to keep track of your funds.
We also provide a bank reference ID for each payout, so you can track your payouts with your bank if you need to. You can find your bank reference ID in Payout details in Seller Hub.
Here's an explanation of each payout status:
- Created: A Payout ID has been created by eBay and the payout is initiated to begin the process of payment
- In progress: The payout has been initiated by eBay and is in the process of being sent to your bank
- Funds sent: Your payout is successful. eBay has sent your payout, it could take 1-2 business days for your bank to process the funds to your checking account
- Returned: The payout has been initiated by eBay, but an issue has occurred with your bank or eBay
- Blocked: Your payout method could be invalid, or may have been blocked by eBay
What to do if payouts fail
If your payouts are showing as Returned or Blocked, your bank information may be incorrect or you may need to verify additional information before we can initiate payouts to your account. Learn more in our article about submitting or updating your information for managed payments.
How quickly you get paid after a sale depends on when the buyer completes the order. Once eBay initiates your payout, it typically takes 1-2 days for the funds to clear in your bank account.