Using the Payments tab in Seller Hub
As a managed payments seller, the Payments tab in Seller Hub helps you keep track of all the payouts you receive from your eBay transactions.
The information on this page applies only to customers who live in the European Union. Customers who live outside the European Union should read our article on Using the Payments tab in Seller Hub.
From the Payments tab in Seller Hub, you can track the money you earn on eBay from the moment the buyer's order is confirmed, to when eBay initiates your payout. In the Summary section, you'll find an overview of your payment information. For more detailed information, other sections include All transactions, Payouts, and Reports.
Information available in the Summary section
In the Summary section under Payments, you’ll find an overview of your payment information, including your Available, On hold, and Processing funds, recent transactions, and payments settings.
From the Summary section, you can:
- Review your funds: See the status of your Available, On hold, and Processing funds, including your last payout amount, and when your next payout is scheduled to be initiated
- Change where or when you get paid: Update the bank account you receive payouts to, or switch between Daily or Weekly payouts
- Track your transactions: See the recent activity on your account, including information on sales, payouts, and more
If you need to update your bank details for your payouts, we'll need to verify your new account before you can continue to receive payouts. For more information, see our article on updating your bank details.
Information available in the All transactions section
The All transactions section lists all of your transactions related to payments, including information on sales, refunds, claims, disputes, holds, postage labels, transfers, and payouts.
Here's an explanation of each type of transaction:
- Sale: An order that's been paid for
- Refund: A credit to a buyer for a returned item, offered or accepted by the seller
- Claim: A charge or credit related to an eBay Money Back Guarantee (eMBG) claim
- Payment dispute: A charge or credit related to a chargeback
- Hold: Funds placed on hold due, for example, to a transaction dispute opened by the buyer, including returns, cancellations, eMBG claims, and chargebacks
- Transfer: Funds transferring in or out from your on-file payment method
- Payout: Payment from your available funds to your bank account
We apply a status to each transaction so you can easily keep track.
Here's an explanation of each transaction status:
- Available funds: The amount you will be paid in your next payout. Generally, funds that appear Available are the total of all completed transactions, excluding applicable fees and other selling costs, and any transactions on hold
- Your Available funds may change if we process any additional orders or refunds before your next payout
- Processing: Your buyer has paid and the funds are still processing. As long as the order is confirmed, you can send the item
- On hold: The funds on an order are restricted, for example, the order has an open claim against it. You'll see a reason for the hold and an estimated release date, where possible
- We'll also provide guidance on how to resolve any outstanding issues with a payment to help you get the funds released. You can find more information about why funds may be placed on hold in our Payments on hold article
- Completed: The payment has been processed
- Open: Funds are in dispute, and may be placed On hold
- Released: Funds that were on hold have now been released. These funds will now show in Available funds rather than On hold funds
You can filter your transactions by status, dates, or by searching for a specific order ID.
Information available in the Payouts section
The Payouts section provides you with an overview of all your payouts. You can see the total amount of each payout, when it was initiated, the account it was sent to, and how many transactions were included. You can also track the status of your payouts, and search for specific payouts by date, buyer username, order number, or unique payout ID.
Here’s an explanation of each payout status:
- Created: A Payout ID has been created by eBay and the payout is initiated to begin the process of payment
- Processing: The payout has been initiated by eBay and is in the process of being sent to your bank
- Returned: The payout has been initiated by eBay, but an issue has occurred with your bank or eBay. We will notify you by email and retry initiating the payout. You may also need to update your payout method under Payout settings to resolve the issue
- Blocked: Your payout method could be invalid, or may have been blocked by eBay. You should check My eBay Messages for more information on the possible issue
- Funds Sent: Your payout is successful. eBay has sent your payout, it could take 1-2 business days for your bank to process the funds to your bank account
You can select the payout ID to see a more detailed breakdown of each transaction in your payout. This includes the status, amount, and fees associated with each transaction, and a link to the order details.
Information available in the Reports section
From the Reports section, you can download your Transaction report, Payout report, Invoice, and Financial statement. For more details on payments reports, see our article on Reconciling your eBay sales transactions.
Viewing your payouts in My eBay
If you're not using Seller Hub yet, you can still view your transactions, update your payout schedule, change where you get paid, and download your monthly financial statement from Payments in My eBay.
To benefit from the additional features, we encourage sellers to sign up for Seller Hub.
You can view the details of your payouts, orders, selling costs and fees from the Payments tab in Seller Hub, or from Payments in My eBay.